Increasing the well-being of all those who make their homes in the world’s urban environment, and creating more productive, livable, inclusive, and sustainable spaces are grand challenges of the 21st century. Urban research universities have a unique responsibility in addressing these challenges. In accordance with Goal 4 of GSU’s strategic plan, the Urban Studies Institute advances the urban mission of the University. The Institute’s interdisciplinary research and teaching is focused on a better understanding and effective management of the complex challenges facing cities and urbanizing regions.
- Dan Immergluck Discusses Renting Trends on WGPB 88.5 “On Second Thought”
- Dan Immergluck’s “Sustainable for Whom?” Ranked 6th in Shelterforce’s Top 10 articles of 2017
- Jean Paul Addie and Joseph Hacker quoted in The Signal
- Dan Immergluck Quoted in The AJC on Section 8 Changes
- Tim Kellison Quoted in ABC News-Australia
The Institute’s research and teaching concentrates on three overarching themes: