Increasing the well-being of all those who make their homes in the world’s urban environment, and creating more productive, livable, inclusive, and sustainable spaces are grand challenges of the 21st century. Urban research universities have a unique responsibility in addressing these challenges. In accordance with Goal 4 of GSU’s strategic plan, the Urban Studies Institute advances the urban mission of the University. The Institute’s interdisciplinary research and teaching is focused on a better understanding and effective management of the complex challenges facing cities and urbanizing regions. Research Spotlight
- Urban Studies Ph.D application now open!
- Jean-Paul Addie featured on Fox News
- David Iwaniec’s work on urban resilience featured in PNAS
- Chris Wyczalkowski new article published in Urban Studies
- “Autopsy of a Boom” Speaker Series talk with Rachel Weber – February 24 at 3:00pm
- 2019 Comparative Urbanism Conference – March 7-8, 2019
The Institute’s research and teaching concentrate on three overarching themes: