- 55th & Park Restaurant and Lounge:55 Park Pl NE
- White Oak Kitchen & Cocktails: 270 Peachtree St
- Westin- Sundial (for drinks only): 55 Park Pl NE
- Tin Lizzys Cantina: 26 Andrew Young International Blvd NW
- Sidebar: 79 Poplar St NW,
- Skylounge- Glenn Hotel: 110 Marietta St
- Monday Night Brewing: 670 Trabert Ave
- Orpheus Brewing: 1440 Dutch Valley (near Piedmont Park)
- New Realm Brewing: 550 Somerset Terrace
- Centennial Olympic Park greenspace downtown Atlanta. The nearby CNN Center and Peachtree Center have public restrooms and food courts. The Fountain of Rings show occurs four times a day, with water displays set to music. The Atlanta Streetcar also stops next to the park.
- *CNN Center It is the world headquarters location for the cable TV network, and if you’re not heading there for work, you can go on the Inside CNN Studio Tour. As a bonus, the food court in the building provides quick options for food and coffee.
- *GA Aquarium is the largest aquarium in the US. It houses more than a hundred thousand animals and represents several thousand species, all of which reside in 10 million US gallons of marine and salt water. Special offers:
- *Coca-Cola Museum showcases the history of The Coca-Cola Company + tasting.
- *National Center for Civil and Human Rights a museum dedicated to the achievements of both the civil rights movement in the United States and the broader worldwide human rights movement
- *Atlanta City Pass (if going to 4 or more)
- ATL Cruzers Tours of Atlanta- Guided historical, 1.5 hour electric car or 2.5 hour Segway Tour (midtown or eastside)
- Civil Bikes Tour offers either walking and bike tours of historic Atlanta neighborhoods
West Midtown Atlanta:
- Piedmont Park
- High Museum of Art with more than 15,000 works of art in its permanent collection, the High has an extensive anthology of nineteenth- and twentieth-century American and decorative art; significant holdings of European paintings; a growing collection of African American art; and burgeoning collections of modern and contemporary art, photography, folk and self taught art, and African art. The High is also dedicated to supporting and collecting works by Southern artists.
- Museum of Design, a Smithsonian affiliate and the only museum in the Southeast dedicated exclusively to the study and celebration of all things design.
- Atlanta Botanical Garden a 30 acres botanical garden located adjacent to Piedmont Park.
- Fox Theatre Tours
East Atlanta Neighborhoods (Grant Park, Old Fourth Ward, Inman Park):
- Oakland Cemetery: This garden cemetery, founded in 1850, is the final resting place of many of Atlanta’s settlers, builders, and most noted citizens like Bobby Jones, Margaret Mitchell, and Maynard Jackson. It is also a showplace of sculpture and architecture, and a botanical preserve with ancient oaks and magnolias. You can walk around the space or take a tour with a docent.
- Martin Luther King Jr National Park consists of several buildings in Atlanta, Georgia, including Martin Luther King Jr.’s boyhood home and the original Ebenezer Baptist Church, the church where King was baptized and both his father Martin Luther King Sr. and he were pastors. Open until 5 PM everyday. The Atlanta Streetcar goes east to the park.
- *Zoo Atlanta the zoo is one of four zoos in the U.S. currently housing giant pandas.
- Carter Center Presidential Museum and Library Highlights include a life-size replica of the Oval Office, a dramatic “Day in the Life of the President” presentation on 13 ft. screens, a walk-through cabin setting for the crucial Camp David Meetings exhibition, and an Interactive Map Table that takes you with the Carters to monitor elections and fight diseases. The Presidential Library is nestled between two lakes on 30 acres of park land and provides a tranquil setting with a view of the Atlanta skyline.
- Beltline: Rails to Trail Project in Atlanta. 22-mile loop intown.
- Walk the Eastside or Westside Trails: https://beltline.org/explore-atlanta-beltline-trails/eastside-trail/
- Dua Vietnamese Noodle Soup
- Fish Bowl Poke (sushi bowls)
- Aviva by Kaamel (Mediterranean Restaurant)
- Reuben’s Deli- (NYC Sandwiches)
- Thrive (sushi)
- Sweet Auburn Curb Market- multiple food vendors
- Highland Bakery- breakfast, lunch, and baked good
- Blossom Tree- (Korean)
- Rosa’s Pizza
- Sweet Auburn Curb Market- multiple food vendors (closes 6 PM)
- Sweet Georgia’s JukeJoint- (Southern)
- Rays in the City (seafood)
- Thrive (Japanese)
West Midtown Atlanta
- South City Kitchen – southern
- Ecco – Italian/Mediterranean
- The Optimist- oysters and seafood
- JCT Kitchen – upscale southern
- RA Sushi- Japanese
- Café Intermezzo- dessert and coffee
East Atlanta Neighborhoods (Grant Park, Old Fourth Ward, Inman Park)
- Fox Bros BBQ (Barbeque- does have vegetarian options)
- Krog St Market (upscale food hall)
- Ponce City Market (upscale food hall)
- Wrecking Bar (Microbrewery, American)- dinner
- Beetlecat (Oysters and Seafood)
- Bread and Butterfly (French café)- dinner
- Barcelona (Tapas/Spanish)- dinner
- Fritti (Italian Restaurant)- dinner